Woodsworth Orientation for Life after Frosh Week (WOLF) is programming offered in conjunction with the events of Woodsworth College Orientation 2017. The aim of WOLF is to prepare you for university life, whilst helping you connect to the Woodsworth community and the resources available on campus. Orientation will consist of a series of events and workshops exploring university life; health and wellness; academics and essay writing; and other resources on campus. Stay tuned for a full schedule and event descriptions!
Contact for inquiries:
Workshop Series Details
WOLF Programming is commuter student friendly, open to all incoming Woodsworth Students including mature, transfer and part-time students. All sessions are facilitated by Upper Year First-Year Experience Mentors and Woodsworth College Student Life Staff. All sessions are drop-in format, no RSVP required. Students who attend 4/6 workshops will be eligible for Co-Curricular Record Notation.
During the six week program, all incoming students are eligible to receive one-on-one support from First-Year Experience Mentors in addition to participating in social and academic WOLF sessions throughout the academic year.
Note: If you are unable to participate in the WOLF session due to your academic schedule and/or other commitments, please e-mail us directly to arrange for a one-on-one appointment and workshop information.
Workshop Series Learning Outcomes
WOLF Programming aims to support incoming Woodsworth students with feeling connected, confident and prepared heading into your first-year studies. This includes:
- Understanding the values of Woodsworth College and developing a sense of community within the college.
- Creating meaningful friendships and connections with peers and upper-year mentors.
- Understanding the importance of resources available to support incoming students with academic and personal questions and/or concerns.
- Connecting to extracurricular opportunities outside the classroom.
- Navigating the University of Toronto campus.
6-Week Workshop Series Schedule
- University Life 101 – Making the Most Out of Your First Six Weeks & Transition Pods (Commuter Students, International Students, Transfer, Mature and Part-Time Students) *Optional Tour Included: September 8, 1-3pm, Waters Lounge (Woodsworth Residence, 321 Bloor Street W.)
- Writing A+ Papers & Navigating the Classroom (Study Strategies and Time Management): September 15, 1-3pm, Waters Lounge (Woodsworth Residence, 321 Bloor Street W.)
- Healthy Habits: Better Health, Better GPA: September 22, 1-3pm, Waters Lounge (Woodsworth Residence, 321 Bloor Street W.)
- Budgeting 101 and Building Your Future with the Career Centre: September 29, 1-3pm, Waters Lounge (Woodsworth Residence, 321 Bloor Street W.)
- Getting Involved at Woodsworth and Beyond (Mini-Opportunities Fair): October 6, 1-3pm, Waters Lounge (Woodsworth Residence, 321 Bloor Street W.)
- University Life 101 Revisited – Making the Most Out of Your First-Year Experience: October 13, 1-3pm, Waters Lounge (Woodsworth Residence, 321 Bloor Street W.)
For questions or concerns regarding WOLF Programming, please e-mail Christina Alcena, Student Life Coordinator, email@example.com.